Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crane Sushi

Should Say No?

I met with two friends for lunch last Sunday. It's difficult to pick a place as usual; location is always the main concern. Restaurants I suggested were either too far or having an early recess. Since one of my friends finished her church service in Alhambra so they picked Crane Sushi. I didn't have any good experience with Crane Sushi in the past, but I felt I shouldn't object other people's suggestion and always picked the restaurant of my choice. I won't be surprised that some of you might have the same dilemma. Crane Sushi? ok!
 



I found the menu was still inexpensive. $7.99 for a lunch set, included two items, salad and California rolls. I took BBQ Ribs, Fried Soft-shell Crab as my items. Miso Soup came first but the taste was kind of unusual, our consent was "how come it is sweet?”. BBQ Ribs from my lunch set was too sweet, and the meat was too dry. Soft Shell Crab had very thick batter and crab was hardly found, batter was so soggy and oily.

Miso Soup

Lunch Set - BBQ Ribs and Fried Soft-shell Crab

My friends picked BBQ Ribs and Fried Oysters; Grilled Salmon and Mixed Tempura. They complained about their food: Salmon was dry, Tempura was soggy, and batter of Fried Oysters was too hard and oysters were not fresh. Salad and California Rolls were the only acceptable items. We agreed everything was too sweet, also the smell and taste reminded us of food from food-court. 

Lunch Set - Grilled Salmon and Mixed Tempura

Lunch Set - BBQ Ribs and Fried Oysters

After we chit-chatted for a while, we had Mochi Green Tea Ice-cream to get rid of some bad aftertaste. Ok, only $7.99, but we still deserved decent food.

Mochi Green Tea Ice-cream

Service was not that bad from what I read, but I agreed service was slow. Our waitress was friendly and cheerful.

Alhambra
17 W Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 458-0388

0-5 Star Rating:
Food: *
Service: ***
Ambiance: **
Location: ***
Parking: *** (free valet parking, public parking lots)
Bang for the Bucks: *
Average Price/Person (lunch): $12 - $15
Reservation: No

Crane Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment